Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Late Night Tonight

Its been an extremely long day for me. And I dont think its quite over yet. I've just finished up an email campaign I was working on for a friend, that will hopefully lead to some more income for me. Now I've got to get just a few more things done before I finally lay my head down for the night/morning.

I'll be honest, its really hard being a dad, husband, writer/editor/etc of my own website, graphic and web designer, chauffeur, cook, etc. But then I remember that God equips me for the things that he has called me to.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We will always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. (2 Corinthians 4:7-10)

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a Spirit of power. (2 Timothy 1:7)

I think that sometimes though, I take for granted what God has given to me through his Son. And I know that I am not the only one. Look at the staggering number of stagnant christians, those of us who proclaim Him with our lips, but that's all we do. There isn't fruit in our lives and we don't impact those who are around us. That isn't going to be me anymore. From now on, I am going to live my life out loud for Him who has saved me from certain doom. My question is, who will come with me on this journey.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment