Wednesday, June 3, 2009

17 Days til Honduras... and I need your help

I've never had my own personal blog before. Usually it has something to do with my website, www.rockthecross.net, but never a personal blog to share my own non-musical thoughts. So I think a round of applause is in order.

The following text is from my support letter for my upcoming mission trip to Honduras. Please read it , and pray about giving. If you can't give financially, give through your prayers. If you need my address to send anything, please email me at the address below. Thanks!

The art of the personal letter is somewhat of a lost art. Lets be honest, most of the time when you get a letter, its a bill, or some advertisement for the latest Dish Network deal. This letter is not that....

In fact, its somewhat different. Over the past few years, God has really been working in my heart for short term missions, and this June I will have the opportunity to go on my first international mission trip. Leaving June 19th, and returning June 26th, myself and a team from my church at Eagles Landing First Baptist will travel to Tegucigalpa, Honduras to work with the local people there. I am nervous, yet excited for what God is going to do while we are there.

Now for the best part, the cost of is $1400. Asking for money isn't a strong suit of mine.... but any amount will help. If you can give a little, awesome. If you can give alot, thats awesome also. If you can't give financial support, I beg that you send your prayers, for the preparation, for the people of Honduras, and also for the members of the team. If you would like more information about the trip, please feel free to email me or call me, I'll include my information below. Don't forget that your financial donation is tax deductible.

Well, I'd give myself a solid B+ in letter writing this go around. Thank you in advance for your support!

Wes Brawner
678-524-6707
wes@rockthecross.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment