Friday, January 1, 2010

My NY Revolution:Part 1-Digital Cleanse

I will admit that I am on the computer a lot.... Its kind of part of what I do. But Ashley and I have been wondering how much time we waste posting and checking twitter and facebook. So, last week, when I saw that John Mayer had posted about taking one week off from Twitter and FB, I was intrigued. After reading his tumblr post (see it here http://jhnmyr.tumblr.com/post/308807536/the-one-week-digital-cleanse) last night... I'm in. So at 12 noon today, I'm shutting down Tweetdeck, closing out Facebook.... and getting back to a time where I didn't work about that so much. My plan for the next 7 days is to use that time to finish projects that I have started and need to finish, to plan out the first few months of my personal and professional life, to read, to exercise, but mostly, to spend time with God. I'm ready to decrease the noise....

Here are the guidelines that John put forth on his blog....
Guidelines:

*email only from laptop or desktop computers

*cell phones can only be used to make calls, and no text messages or e-mails are allowed - if you receive a text, you must reply in voice over the phone. E-mails must be returned from a laptop or desktop computer.

*no use of Twitter or any other social networking site - this includes reading as well as posting.

*no visiting of any entertainment or gossip sites. (No need to detail which ones - you know what they are.)

Not really worried about the last one... not an entertainment news guy, and I will follow these, with a couple of caveats. I will blog during those 7 days, and I will be updating RockTheCross.net. And I have an automatic tweet setup for when I make a new post on my blog and rtc.net.... so dont think that I am cheating. 

All this being said, if I don't text you back, or email you right away, or respond to your tweet or fb post... don't get offended.... I'll just see you in a week.... and IF you need to get in touch with me, email me... or call me. My number is on my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/wesbrawner)

Happy New Year 2010.....

Posted via email from In Search Of....

0 comments:

Post a Comment