Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Revolution

When I look back at 2009, I see many times that were good, and many that were not so good. I see most of the first year of my third daughters life, who we are truly blessed to have. I see my two older daughters continuing to grow, make us laugh, make us mad, and mostly, make us thankful. I see my continuing struggle to find my place in church, at work, and in life. But mostly, I see another year where I let most of my potential slip by. I set "resolutions" for myself in 2008, just like everyone else, but I never truly made the effort needed to enforce the change. In fact, I think that the term "New Years Resolution" has lost some of its effect, at least on me. 

So I am proposing a change.... 

A BIG change actually...

What if instead of a resolution.... you have a REVOLUTION....

What possibilites could you uncover? 

What if you strove to finish everything that you started, instead of leaving so many things undone?

What if, instead of focusing on numbers, you focused on harvesting true friendships? 

What if instead of saying that you are going to read your bible, you actually read it.... and READ THE WHOLE THING!

What if instead of turning your nose up at that homeless man on the exit ramp, or the person that you KNOW is homosexual, or pregnant outside of marriage, or DIFFERENT than you are, or, dare I say it, people in your own church....

What about going out of your way to use your gifts and talents to help others that might be in some sort of need? 

But mostly, actually having a true LOVE relationship with your Heavenly Father!

I am pointing a finger at myself as much as I am anyone else, but how might the world change if we step outside of what we know, and into something that feels foreign, and uncomfortable? We all know that we are not long for this world. We weren't meant to live here, but how will you live your life while you are here? Will you sit and do nothing for the rest of your life, or will you choose to do something REVOLUTIONARY

We've already seen organizations like People Of The Second Chance, Help-Portrait, To Write Love On Her Arms, and many more, make a huge difference in peoples lives... now, will you choose to be a part of the REVOLUTION?

Posted via email from In Search Of....

0 comments:

Post a Comment