Sunday, January 3, 2010

Step 2: Reading.... ALOT!

For most of my christian life I've never really made a huge effort to read my bible, and I've never made an effort to read much of anything for that matter. So I am making a covenant with myself to read more, not only books, but I'm reading my way through the Bible. 

My Year Long Bible Plan

There are any number of "reading plans" floating around, and they are all excellent. I chose to use a new feature that my friends over @ http://www.youversion.com are offering. They just debuted their reading plans and make it fool-proof to get started. Just chose a plan, click start, and you are off. You can even choose start and end dates and it will adjust accordingly. And, it keeps track of your progress and gives you a status bar as you read. 

I can honestly say that I know that my personal relationship has been deeply affected by my determination to have a daily prayer and study time. And I don't plan on making my year-long reading time the only time that I spend in the Word. I will be doing some studies of various books in the Bible as well as reading through other biblical based books, etc.

My OTHER reading plan

I do enjoy to read..... the first several chapters of books. Thats one of my problems in life as well. I have troubling "finishing". There are probably 7-10 books in my house right now that I am in various stages of reading, and my brain doesn't handle that well. So, I'm hitting reset. Any book that I have started, I will start over, one at a time. I'm going to read through those books, and more, giving myself the time to process them.... I don't plan on rushing at all. So I'm not setting a number books that I want to read... I just want to read. So after I finish all of these books, I want your suggestions of more books to read. Fittingly, I'm starting with Revolution, by George Barna (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-George-Barna/dp/1414307586).

I encourage you, that if you aren't currently in a one year reading plan, join me... 

And if you are... keep on reading!

Posted via email from In Search Of....

0 comments:

Post a Comment