Friday, February 5, 2010

What is the status of your "cup"

We have had A LOT of rain in Georgia over the last 8 months. If you watch the news, you certainly saw the coverage of the record floods in September. There were portions of the metro Atlanta area that were completely underwater. Entire neighborhoods were destroyed. Since that time, we have hardly gone a week without some type of precipitation. I've noticed that parts of my yard have been completely saturated for months now. There is no where for the water to go, so it just stays on the surface, overflowing the underground water flow. 

In the physical sense, when water has no where else to go.... flooding occurs. Rivers run out of their banks. Creeks turn to rivers. Water turns into a destructive force. However, in a spiritual sense, when your "cup"(life) is full with Christ, it runs over and makes an impact on those around you. In Psalm 23:5

5You prepare a table before me
   in  the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.

 I admit.... my cup doesn't always overflow. In fact, sometimes, my cup isn't even half-full. Thats not God's fault though. Its my own. I let other things get in the way. 

What about you? Does your cup overflow? Or are you struggling to keep anything in your cup?

Posted via email from In Search Of....

0 comments:

Post a Comment