Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perspective

(Inspired by Carlos Whittaker's post of the same name http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/2009/09/perspective/ )
If you follow me on Twitter or are a friend on Facebook, you know that the last few days have been pretty difficult for myself and my family. Some of it culminated on Sunday night, and the result is shown above. After picking up Kaeleigh from class at church, my Macbook fell out of my backpack, which I had neglected to zip up....

But see, I think it was to teach me a lesson....

You see, earlier in the evening, I was concentrating on all of the wrong things in Small Group (books-a-million ordered the wrong book, should i get my fan fixed tomorrow, how much I needed to work that night, etc.) and not on the fact that I was there to learn, listen, and set an example for others. So, in my distraction I caused 1200 in damage. And after careful consideration, I won't be fixing it right now for obvious reasons. It serves as a reminder...

My computer can break, be stolen, stop working... Is that more important than Christ?
My work may be overwhelming sometimes to the point of exhaustion... But am I spending time with my family?
People may make mistakes... but should that change my mindset when I worship?

That dent serves as a reminder to me that Christ is in control. Through all of the good times and the bad ones. And through that, Christ has helped me find a new focus in life, and put me on a new path, for a new journey.

I'm ready for the journey... are you?

Posted via email from Wes's posterous

0 comments:

Post a Comment